Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's Off to Work I Go...

So, here it is. The first REAL day of the new year. I don't count yesterday for a couple of reasons, first, it's a holiday and therefore there is no mail. That is like a license to take the day off in my opinion. (I did do my Morning Pages yesterday however, let's not get crazy) And second, most of us were up until the early hours of the morning anyway so the day was spent simply trying to recover from drinks and lack of shut eye. Yesterday consisted of a couple of naps, too much food, the Rose Parade and a hockey game played in the snow of Michigan and a football game. So all in all, I can't really count it as a working day and therefore I shouldn't feel guilty about not writing. I do a little bit anyway, that is just me.

Writing should come first and most of the time it does. I have to admit I write better after a good night's sleep and a decent workout first thing in the morning but I can muddle through if I have to without either one. I don't know how good the writing is then, I do know it is harder going, like walking uphill in a foot of snow sometimes, but I can manage when I have to.

But now it is the second and it is time to begin work on my 2014 goals and aspirations for the coming year. The Christmas cookies are not quite gone so my goal of eating healthier this year may have to wait a couple more days. I can however, eat them when I am writing so there is no excuse that they will slow me down in that regard. 

As I look around I notice that the bathroom is looking pretty dirty and the dishes are piling up...I should clean just a little...

No...no...no...stay focused, Cindy...remember what you were put here for...

To write...

No comments:

Post a Comment