Saturday, October 17, 2015

31 Days of Halloween Tales - In the Name of Love





A tasty little story entitled:



In the Name of Love


"Two things you must know before you continue Quentin. First, what is once seen cannot be unseen. And second, and mostly importantly, you can't ever go back."

I stood before this gorgeous and delicious woman and thought how could I not do this. I loved her and no matter how I wished it wasn't so, that wasn't ever going to change.

I've always believed in Fate, that we are predestined to a path and should we attempt to veer from this path, the consequences would be dire. And Alyssa was my destiny. From the first moment I laid eyes on her, I knew it.

Two halves of the same soul, searching for one another. Her lonely soul called out to mine across miles, across ages and I was led to her by something we could never have foreseen.

What is an eternity if you are not with the one you love? She told me of the emptiness she had endured the last two centuries and I thought of what would happen to her if I said no to her now. Imagining my beloved Alyssa wandering this earth forever alone, I simply could not bear it. I would sacrifice who I was, who I was meant to be for her. For love.

"I understand my love, and I will not abandon you. I can no more change my mind than I can change my heart. Now, stop worrying, this is my choice and my will to do this."

I took her hand into mine and offered my throat in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment